Holiday in Königsleiten on the Gerlos Pass
Summer in the alpine pasture village
With a continuous view of the Hohe Tauern and the Kitzbühel Alps right outside your front door, you’ll be tempted by every single one of the countless local opportunities for hikes and rambles, biking, mountaineering, or just relishing the landscape and the culture.
But best of all is the location of the alpine pasture village. It lies on the border between Salzburg and Tyrol in the heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park holiday region and in the Zillertal Arena. At 1,602 metres above sea level, Königsleiten cossets its visitors all year round with its fresh, pure air, unspoilt natural landscapes, and an abundance of sun, snow and captivating mountain scenery.
We are Free Mountain Card Partner!
The advantage card for an active summer holiday in the Zillertal Arena!
On the day of their arrival, holiday guests at the Ursprungs Panorama Hotel receive the "FREE MOUNTAIN CARD”, which allows them to use the mountain railways in Gerlos and Königsleiten free of charge during the summer. The Königsleiten village railway station is situated right next to the Ursprungs Panorama Hotel.
Leisure, sport and culture
A wide variety of walks and climbs against the backdrop of the glacier-covered three-thousand metre peaks, flower-bedecked Alpine pastures, mysterious forests and bewitching high valleys, ranging from a challenging mountain route to a convivial ramble
Königsleiten recommendations: Königsleiten Yodel Hiking Trail – Headwater Trail into the Salzach Valley – Circular Walk round the Durlaßboden Reservoir
The Königsleiten village railway takes you straight up into a diverse natural hiking paradise 2,200 metres above sea level
Königsleiten e-BOB: explore the valleys of the national park, the Gerlos Pass or the alpine village of Königsleiten on a comfortable, environmentally friendly e-bike. Visit the most beautiful day trip destinations in the area using a carbon-neutral BMW i3 e-car
Cycling and mountain biking in the Hohe Tauern National Park holiday region.
Surfing, paddling, swimming, fishing or pedal boating in the Durlassboden Reservoir at Königsleiten
GipfelLiner: Get a bird's eye view of Königsleiten while riding a 430 metre long zip wire at 2,300 metres above the reservoir.
- The Krimml Waterfalls, the tallest waterfalls in Europe: water roars and thunders its way over three successive drops into the Krimml basin of the Salzach Valley, 380 metres below
- Krimml Worlds of Water: a waterfall adventure for young and old
- Mittersill National Park Worlds: a hands-on museum giving a spectacular presentation of the flora and fauna of the Hohe Tauern National Park
- The Grossglockner High Alpine Road runs like a ribbon clinging to the slopes of the Grossglockner and leading you up to the eternal ice of the glacier/li>
- Ferleiten Wildlife and Adventure Park at the foot of the Grossglockner
Mountain hut walks near Königsleiten
The alpine pasture ski village of Königsleiten lies in a superb position on the Gerlos Pass and is an ideal base camp for mountain hut walks in the immediate area.
The following hiking areas are round about Königsleiten:
- Wandergebiet Königsleitenspitze
- Hochkrimml – Gerlosplatte
- Gerlos mit seinen Seitentälern
- Krimmler Achental
- Kitzbüheler Alpen (Wildkogelgebiet)
Your base camp in Königsleiten - Ursprungs Panorama Hotel
And if you find yourself wondering whose idea this was, and the troublesome blister on your foot keeps your mind focussed on the next rest point, the good thing is that at least you know there's a safe base camp waiting for you in Königsleiten.
At the Ursprungs Panorama Hotel your car is being well looked after and your luggage is safely stored. And when, after your inspiring days in the mountains, you return to civilisation, at the Ursprungs Panorama Hotel in the village of Königsleiten you’ll find a place to recover your energies, where we set great store by winding down and enjoying yourself.
- easy travel to Königsleiten
- take advantage of the Ursprungs luggage service
- a safe parking bay for your car in the underground car park or the parking area
- comfort, relaxation and enjoyment for the days before and after your excursion
- glorious views of the village of Königsleiten over the Gerlos Pass to the mountains to look forward to – or to give you unforgettable memories
Make an enquiry !